Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Favorite Photo Friday...The Other Man in my Life

Who's been in my life for over 22 years? (no...it's not Dan) He's one of the other joys of my life... Nick. I named him Nicholas and he went by that until about 6th grade when he told me he'd like to go by Nick. He and I have been through a lot together. I was divorced when Nick was just a little older than 1 year. Together we both came through some very hard times. But we survived it and have thrived. This photo was taken on the first day of Kindergarten. He was 5 years old and we lived in Cupertino, CA just south of the San Francisco area. Dan and I had been married almost exactly a year. Nick and I are pretty similar personality wise. I call him one of the "good guys." He is a gentle and kind young man and is sensitive, smart and has a very funny sense of humor. He is my rock...I can always count on him. Nick can tell if I'm upset about something by the look on my face or tone of voice. He's a wonderful big brother and I never dreamed that he and Grace would be as close as they are for being 17 years apart in age. Nick has made me a better person and mother. I love you Nick, I'm so very blessed and proud to have you as a son. :)

4 kind words:

Karen said...

Gail, I just wanted to say I enjoy reading your blog very much- I am part of the Peppermint Pearls group and found your blog through that. You have a beautiful family and you may not have realized it, but for those of us waiting perhaps for the first time (as we are)- your blog is a wonderful piece of encouragement and glimpse of the joy to come! Karen Morris

Angie said...

He is such a cutie, Gail! What a sweet post about your precious son. There is something very special between a mother and son, isn't there?

Anonymous said...

Hello Gail,
I am looking for the wishes that you said you were going to post to the blog. Did you mean here? Where should I look?
Marilyn (Auntie of a wee one from China)

mandt said...

Time goes by quick doesn't it? He is a cutie and a treasure. I can't imagine my boys all grown up.

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs