Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fabulous Blog Award



My dear friend Lea, of Oh My #6 has given me an award. Lea is possibly one of the kindest and most supportive women I've met. And she has a wicked sense of humor! She is always making me laugh in her emails. Thanks for the award Lea, I am honored.


The Rules are:

Pass it on to 5 fabulous blogs, including the one that gave it to you and link them.

1. Cyndi of Waiting for Lilly Rae. Cyndi has a great sense of style and is a wonderful mom to her son, is waiting for a daughter and I always enjoy her posts.

2. Lisa of The Long Road to China. I'm fairly new to reading Lisa's blog. She's a talented photographer, a devoted mom to 2 and waiting for a daughter from China. Lisa is an ovarian cancer survivor. And I almost forgot to add that she's an awesome cook and I love her posts about her very large extended family.
3. Tonggu Momma at Our Little Tongginator. Another blog that I'm fairly new to reading. What I love about her blog is that she keeps it real. And she's very funny. She speaks about adoption issues, her family and of course her daughter the Tongginator. TM has a true gift of writing. :)

4. Lori of Stress in the New Black. Lori and I have bonded because we are about the same age and we both have grown sons and 2 young children. She has a social life that I envy and stays very busy with her 'twins' from China. There's always something going on in her house. I have laughed until I cry with many of her posts.

5. Missy of Live Big Laugh Often. Been following Missy's blog for a while, I adore Missy and her younger sister Paige. Missy is another talented photographer and the love she has for her sister shows through in every post.
List 5 of your fabulous addictions.
1. My new camera. I'm addicted and have been trying to learn more about it and take pictures everyday. Eventually I'll get off the auto setting. I'm taking 2 classes locally in February and another class in May in Michigan with this talented photographer.
2. Decorating my home. My mom says I decorated my room as a young girl, so it's no surprise that this has continued all my life. I'm always on the quest for something different to add to a room, whether it's a piece of furniture, a small accessory or different curtains. This year we are painting the interior and I'm picking out tile and a design for our kitchen back splash. I also love to rearrange furniture and art for a change. Sometimes fairly frequently to Dan's dismay. I've helped several friends with design choices and have even staged a few for moving.
3. Shopping at flea markets, antique shops and 2nd hand stores. Always one for a great buy or finding a diamond in the rough, I've been a flea market shopper since WAY before it was in style. This Spring I'll be traveling to one of the best of the best flea markets in not just the Midwest, but the U.S. that's in Sandwich, Illinois and I'll do a post and pics about it.
4. Gardening. January in Wisconsin gets my brain working and thinking about what I'll be doing in my yard when Springtime arrives. I designed the landscaping and perennial beds for both the front and backyard of our home 2 years ago. I'm thinking about what I want to do for this year.
5. Blogging. That's obvious.
And I have more than 5, but that's my top 5 right now.

15 kind words:

Lori said...

Yea for this much deserved award! :)

OH MY #6 said...

We do have fun, don't we! Great post.

Love you lots my friend.

Lea

OH MY #6 said...

PS. Too, too, funny that you were rearranging and decorating when you were a little one.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

You are SO sweet!!! Thank you for my Fabulous Blog Award:)

You know, your top five addictions are very similar to mine.....we have a lot in common my friend!!

Thanks for thinking of me:)

Lisa

Livin' out loud said...

Its a beautiful blog and deserves the award for sure!

Jboo said...

You have such a beautiful blog and style of writing. Plus your photos are fabulous! Love your blog! Will definitely be checking out the blogs you mentioned. Enjoy your much-deserved award! :)

Janet

Kim said...

Great post..
I need to get mine up ..
HUGS..
Have a great week..

Deb said...

A much deserved award Gail! I love your 5 addictions! Those are some of my 5 top ones too!

Cyndi said...

Oh thank you so much for the award! I wanted to let you know I got the tunic from Lilly actually I got both from there I ordered it from a store on line because the one I go to in Columbia is sold out. It was called In The Pink but any Lilly store should have it. I really would like to take everything out of my closet and start all over I think I am in a funk, need a makeover. Wouldn't that be fun. Have you ever shopped at Harolds?? I love it to.

missy said...

You sweet, sweet thing! I just love you! You are a fabulous friend and I hope we get to meet in real life someday soon! Mwah!!! I'll update my blog in the next day or so. Thanks for the great award...it means the most coming from you!

Margaret M said...

Congrats on your award!!! So deserving!

fleur de lis cottage said...

I agree...your blog is fabulous. Thank you so much, I got the fob today (I loved your cute little note card)!!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Thank you SFAM for the nod. I love your blog and only wished that I received the award first so I could have nominated you!

Super Mommy said...

Congratulations! We must have been seperated at birth, because I swear I like all the things you do . . . except I'm not that great at any one of them!! ;0)

Truly Blessed said...

Gail, I'm taking the same photo workshop in Michigan in May! Can't wait to meet you in person!

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs