Friday, May 22, 2009

Good stuff


We've spent lots of time this week after school outside...usually on the play set or on our deck. Will has discovered Freezepops. The other day he had 4 in a row! Each one he picked was a different color.

He tells me red is his favorite.

Miss Grace prefers push ups.

Grace on the patio.




Lots of good stuff going on around here....Will has now been in preschool 3 weeks and we've seen positive things transferring home. He's using his words more, speaking in complete sentences more often and getting less frustrated if we can't understand him. He just seems happier and calmer. I don't know if it's coincidence, preschool, him maturing or what, but it's all great for him. He adores his teachers and has made some friends. Yesterday we met with our social worker for the 12 month post placement visit. She thinks Will is doing extremely well. He's been home with us 10 months but they do the visit early to get the report in and submitted to China. We also are starting the process to re-adopt William in our state of Wisconsin.

Summer seems to have arrived in our neck of the woods. Our temps have been in the low 80's and sunny for the most part. I'm going to be out in the garden working this weekend and my parents are coming over Sunday for a cookout. Grace and Will have been missing their Grandpa and Grandma. Have a wonderful long weekend!



18 kind words:

Karen said...

Good stuff, indeed!
Hoping your weekend is chock-full of more!

Story of our Life said...

Wonderful stuff my dear!! Lovely!!! I love the red pouty lips!!

Lets get together sometime soon!!

Love, Gala

Colleen said...

What gorgeous photos!!! Such great times!!! We go through so many of those ice pops!! I always have to keep the freezer full of them especially in the hot weather.
Have a great week-end!!!

Kim said...

Great photos! We too love ice pops! Glad to hear Will is doing so well! I'm sure all the love he's getting from all of you helps!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Aww....look at those red lips:) Sarah and Will would make quite a pair....she loves those pops too, but BLUE is her favorite!!

I am so glad to hear that Will is doing so well....that is really terrific news!

Enjoy your weekend...talk to you on Monday!

Lisa

Kayce said...

I'm with Grace...push ups are the bomb!! YUM!
SO glad that preschool is going well for Will, it's a relief for you I'm sure. Hope you all have a relaxing long weekend.

Kim said...

LOVE the photos..
Sounds like great stuff for sure..
Have a great weekend..
HUGS..

Gavin's Family said...

Congratulations on making it to the one year post placement with Will doing so well. That has to be a huge milestone for you family.

redmaryjanes said...

You are really taking some amazing photos. I am so glad that Will is doing well. I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend.

Dita said...

The kids' choice of ice pops/ ice cream really reflect their personalities. Reckless, wild abandon and controlled, elegance!! So funny!

Sounds like the perfect weekend. We are doing much the same and our temps are also in the LOVELY guage on our thermometer!

Have fun!

Super Mommy said...

Oh yeah - a boy after my own heart! I love the freeze pops too -especially the red ones!! I'm am so glad to hear how well Will is doing! Yay!!

Jasmine, like Grace, loves a good Push-up - she will take that over anything - her favorites are the red ones!

Jboo said...

Freeze pops are always a hit, aren't they! I'm with Grace though -- like the push ups better -- not quite so messy! Your photos are super.

So glad to hear that Will is enjoying preschool and doing so great!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Janet

Missy said...

So happy for all of the "good stuff" :) I just love your sweet kiddos. Tell Will that red is my fav., too :) Grace is stunning and I love the way you capture her essence. Love ya, girl!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

Good stuff !!! yeah ... i hope you guys have a great summer .... i am so glad blessings are coming your way ...great pictures ... we have already bought like a crate of those popsicles for the freezer for the summer fun at the pool party ...

Casey said...

Yum. I agree with Will. Love those freeze pops and I'm so glad it is that time of the year!

Lovely photos!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

How wonderful for Will and for you. They look wonderful and everything is going so nicely. I am so happy for you.

BTW, you and the other blogging mama's that I am friendly with have really prompted me to explore the creative side of my brain. I am going to explore the hobby of photography myself and am setting myself up now to get started. I would love to get results that are half as wonderful as yours and I look forward to seeing what I can do.

Hugs! Your SFAM ;)

fleur de lis cottage said...

That is some good stuff. Glad
Will is doing so well and got a good 12 month report.

Happy Memorial weekend!

RamblingMother said...

lovely pics. So glad you could do the workshop. Glad to hear Will is doing so well!

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs