Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween!

'When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween!
~unknown

Well they have celebrated Halloween a little early with parties at school and last night we carved pumpkins. Grace designed her own on paper and Daddy carved hers just like she drew. Will was interested in the cleaning process but had no interest in touching the innards of the pumpkin. We have one ginormous pumpkin(truly the largest we've ever had, unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it after it was carved and lit). In the below pic Grace's is the mad pumpkin on the right and Will's is on the left.
We have lots of weekend fun ahead starting with Dan and I going to the Wisconsin-Purdue football game Saturday. GO Purdue! In the afternoon we'll all be attending a neighborhood Halloween party for kids and adults and going trick or treating tomorrow night. We're hoping the weather cooperates. Buzz Lightyear (Will) and our mermaid(Grace) can't wait for the festivities to start. Have a very safe and fun weekend!!!

21 kind words:

Karen said...

Love the pics-looks like fun- and those pumpkin faces are great. Have a great Halloween weekend- hope the Boilers can be real spoilers in Madison tomorrow!

Rachel said...

Love the pics! Did Grace get a haircut!

Have a great Halloween!

Gavin's Family said...

I'm with Will on touching pumpkin guts. I do like the faces the kids come up with though.

Marla said...

Very cute pics! I just realized we haven't even carved pumpkins yet, yikes!

Have a great weekend!

Colleen said...

Happy Halloween to you all too!!! Looks like they had lots of fun carving those pumpkins!!!

Ashley said...

Have a fun weekend and a Happy Halloween!

Courtney said...

The pumpkins look great. Have a great Halloween!

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Love the jack-o-lanterns!! Have a super weekend, sounds like lots of fun!!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I cannot wait until we can do this with Shauna...
Happy Halloween...

Casey said...

Hey Gail!! Looks like I've missed a ton... the kids are so cute at the party and I love the pumpkins...

Can't remember the last time I actually carved a pumpkin. I know... bad mom :) Gotta try it next year!!

Happy Halloween!

Sharon said...

Talk about talent! Even those pumpkins are perfect! Gail, thanks for your sweet comment. I remember last spring your noticing my attempts at texture. I have to tell you your rustic was the best fall one I've seen.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

We carved ours today too!! Love the pics. Have a wonderful weekend SFAM!!!

Jboo said...

Wow -- what great pumpkins! Bad me -- I hate carving -- can't stand touching the pumpkin innards! Have a fun weekend -- hope your weather holds!

Janet

Laura L. said...

Very cute pics, and great-looking pumpkins. Love the picture of Grace holding up the pumpkin goo.
Hey, does her shirt come in my size? I love dots, brown and blue. :)
Have a fun Halloween.

kerri said...

Great pics, have a wonderful Halloween. Can't wait to see the trick or treaters in their costumes!
I am thinking the girls might have to go in their winter coats if it gets any colder here, brrr!!LOL!

Super Mommy said...

Love Grace's expression...we feel the same way...the girls didn't want to carve this year because the inside is so gross!

Your pumpkins came out perfect!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh these pics are so cute!! I love G's face with all the "guts" in her hand!!

Happy Halloween my friend....enjoy your weekend filled with festivities:)

xoxo,

Lisa

Ashton said...

Adorable pictures!

Kayce said...

Great jack-o-lanterns!! Hope your weekend is fabulous!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Love the jack 'o lanterns! And did you know my sis and BIL are both Boilermakers?

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

LOL what a capture of Grace LOL I know that feeling LOL
The pumpkins look awesome!!!

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs