Thursday, May 20, 2010

{friends}

'Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold.' ~ Girl Scout motto

'A hug is worth a thousand words, a true friend is worth more.' ~ unknown


And Pooh said to Piglet, "Life is so much friendlier with two." ~ A.A. Milne

(There are more pictures of the 2 of them together and I plan to make little albums for them both.)


Grace and her dear friend Lydia first met almost 4 years ago, two 3 year old little girls who hit it off from the start. We live only 2 houses away from Lydia's family and at age 7, I would definitely call them best friends. And friends who are about as close as sisters. They giggle endlessly, play dress up, do crafts, spy on their little brothers, go to the same church and school, have sleepovers and even argue now and then like sisters. They also wear the same size in clothes and are in the same grade in school. I know that time and circumstance can change friendships, but I hope they will always be close. I love this special relationship that they share and Lydia's mother is one of my best friends. I consider Carla my little sister. We are extremely blessed to have them in our lives. :)


16 kind words:

Kim said...

LOVE IT>.
I found my BFF in the 1st grade and we remained friends.. then when we graduated she went to collage and I got pregnant and didn't get to go.. well then 15 years later.. we reconnected and it was just like we had never missed the last 15 years..
Hugs..
Love the photos and hope they continue to remain friends forever..
LOVE YA..
hope Will feels better soon..

Jewels of My Heart said...

Priceless......
so beautiful.....

redmaryjanes said...

So very sweet! LOVE the red suitcase...very cool.
I am so glad that they have each other.

Wanda said...

Awh....they are so cute together. They remind me of Dahlia and her BFF. They don't live quite so close (wow, 2 doors down is so great)but I know they will be life-long buds.

BTW - love the almost blue in Grace's hair. So cool!

Anonymous said...

Amazing photo's! Perfect in every way!
What beautiful girls! You can tell their the best of friends.

I forgot about the girl scout song.
I'm singing it now!

Have a great weekend!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

oh Gail, this is the sweetest post! I love it. the pictures, well I have no words. the clarity astounds me!

Hope you have a fabulous day and weekend.

Enjoy your little get away and please say hello and give everyone a hug for me.

Lea
xo

Michelle R Photography said...

Gail, these are stunning photos and the girls couldn't be any cuter!! I think you should submit these to MJ. They should use them!!

Kayce said...

Friends like that are the sweetest blessings in life!
Beautiful pictures Gail! I'm ready for lessons. ;)

Lori Lynn said...

Your photos seem to get more beautiful every day. Your capture of the facial expressions and natural feeling is wonderful.

Both of those girls are stunning.

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

These are gorgeous!!!!!!!! Gail these are fabulous!!!!!! I love the colors!!! I think these are my favorite pictures ever!!!

Unknown said...

One word for this set of photos...Perfect! You have such an eye for capturing your subjects so perfectly, and for telling a story through your images. My oldest, who is seven, also has a best friend that he's been buds with since he was two. Such a neat thing to watch your children make {hopefully} lifelong friendships. Haven't 'seen' you in awhile in blog world. Hope all is well with you! :) Love, Angie

kitchu said...

you captured friendship so beautifully!

Ice Cream! said...

Ok, so I clicked on your blog and was immediately overtaken with the awesome images of Grace and her bestie...THEN...the theme song from Forrest Gump kicks in and I start tearing up! You see, my very best friend and I have known one another for 31 years and friendships like that are God's gift to us for sure. I hope that Grace and her friend spend many, many years laughing and loving! These pics melt my heart and the music makes me want to cry!!!

Missy said...

oops, I'm ice cream! hee hee That's Paige's code name! It's me, Missy! :)

Amy said...

These are AMAZING pictures!! Grace is so gorgeous and does such good modeling work, that I forget that she is still just a young girl!! These pictures really bring out that girl in her!! LOVE THEM!!!

ellieshine said...

Oh Gail, I just love these, I keep going back to look at them over and over. You totally captured their relationship, and their beauty :) I will have to try to take some photos of my children with their friends before we leave Australia.

ps love the red background!

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs