Tuesday, December 28, 2010

black and white Wednesday - my best of 2010

I didn't really have anything (I thought) for Black and White Wednesday,
then realized...yes I do.

I decided to choose 12 pictures that I felt were my 'best' of the year.
I'm not quite sure some were my best (photography is so subjective),
maybe some were sentimental favorites.
2010 blw 1

Grace taken in Jan. 2010 by the window.

I adore her expression as she looked back at me and the way the light falls away from her face.


2010 blw 2

If I had to pick a favorite for the year, it's the above shot of Grace and her friend.
Two seven year olds and best friends.
I don't have to say much more.


Other than wouldn't it be fun to be that age again...


2010 blw 3

Spring 2010.
Will as 'Batman' and in character.
Because Batman is one tough guy.
And makes appearances in our house frequently. ;)
2010 blw 4

Playing.
Grace helping Will, another favorite of mine.
2010 blw 5

Summer.
Walking on the beach of the Western Caribbean, Mexico.



2010 blw 6

Will checking out a horse at a nearby apple orchard we visit each Fall.
I loved how you notice the size of the horse compared to little Will.
And Will's face.

2010 blw 7

A portrait of Will that's all him.
His eyes show so much of who he is,
sweet, funny, loving and a character!

2010 blw 8

Sun flare and haze in black and white.
One of my favorites because I love the way he's looking at her.

2010 blw 9

A candid of Grace looking away.
Taken in the Fall, I was attempting Christmas card pics.
I can see a glimpse of the beautiful young woman she'll be someday.

2010 blw 10


This is about the 3rd time this one's been on my blog.
Not that it's that outstanding of a picture,
I loved Will's expression as he hugged his sister.
That's why this one made the cut for the Christmas card.



2010 blw 11

Grace on the train tracks in late Fall.
Equally beautiful in black and white and color.

2010 blw 12


And the final one shot on one of the last days of November
when some leaves were still on the trees.
My favorite images are of the two of them together.
And I loved their expressions in this one.




Wishing you blessings, health, prosperity and lots of laughter in the New Year!


xo

Gail





the long road

28 kind words:

Kim said...

Once again I will say...
they are BREATHTAKING..
as you know today is my 44th month waiting on my girl.. and I will say it again.. if it wasn't for yoru blog it would be hard..
I love watching the kids grow up becuase I know one day I will get to share all this joy..
I love you girly..
Have a great New YEar..
Can't wait to see photos in the new year..

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

WOW!
Each one is beautiful!!!
Can't believe you were able to narrow down to just 12~ never seen one thing you shoot that wasn't just perfect!!!
I was thinking of doing a post of the best of 2010 as well~ from each month. LOVE the ones you chose.
JOY!

Missy said...

WOWZA!!! The photos, the music, the expressions, the love, all of it...perfection!!

Anonymous said...

I can totally see why these are 12 of your favorites! I would also add Will and Grace's pictures with the white back drop. I know they are colored pics but they are awesome!

I love the horse with Will and I love Grace on the train track. They are my faves of the bunch!

Wanda said...

Each one of these twelve are outstanding shots. No wonder these are your favorites - though I don't know how you narrowed it down. You've taken some amazing pictures of Grace and Will.

Wishing you a healthy and happy new year Gail.

xoxox

Charmaine Poulin said...

AMAZING!!! Every one of them!!!

j-chin said...

Your pictures speak of LOVE, and that's why I love them~
Happy New Year!

China Dreams said...

My favorites are the ones of the kids in the hay field and again in the woods. But the first one, of Grace, always reminds me of The Girl With the Pearl Earring.

Happy New Year,
Ruby

Alyson and Ford said...

Wow,such beautiful photos! You are a master of that camera, capturing those sweet sibling moments. Love them.
I also, couldn't think of what to post about for Black and White; you came up with a great idea!

Happy New Year 2011!
Alyzabeth's Mommy

Hannah said...

I loved each of these. You have such an eye and style that just amazes me each time I see it.

Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

A few brought tears to my eyes. Simply stunning Gail!

Your photography is breathtaking and Grace's outfits WOW!!!

Lots of love!
Happy New Year!
Jill
www.fnaphotography.blogspot.com

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

These are simply stunning Gail! Eac and every one of them is so very special! What a wonderful idea to post your top 12!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are ready to celebrate the New Year!

xoxo,

Lisa

Laurie said...

I'm not sure how someone like you can ever pick favorites. Every shot you take is a favorite in my book. But oh, how I love that picture of Will with the BIG horse! Or Batman, or any picture of Grace. See? Impossible to pick a favorite. But thanks for sharing anyway! :)

Love Letters To China said...

Wow Gail...these are stunning! You really came up with a great idea. You're going to crack up when you see my lame post today. ;-)

I can't even decide which one I like the best. Liam has his favorite though...he loves the one with Will wearing his Batman shirt.

I hope you have a Happy New Year my friend! I look forward to all the amazing photos you will be posting in the months to come.

Hugs...
Grace

redmaryjanes said...

All are fabulous....but I love the railroad track photo.

Truly Blessed said...

Oh my, all of them are breathtaking!

I couldn't choose just one.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I can't pick! They are stunning.

Happy New Year Gal Pal!

Much love,

Lea
xo

PS. we got lots to look forward to in 2011!

Michelle R Photography said...

Wow, Wow, Wow!! What a gorgeous way to end the year. Happy New Year, Gail!!

JinXiu said...

wow what amazing pictures and to see them all together is pure beauty

its not only the best of the year but some of the best pictures I have ever seen. you have a wonderful eye and georgous children

happy new year

ellieshine said...

That was so fun! I loved each and every one of your gorgeous photos - and your beautiful children!

Happy New Year!

Marla said...

Holy heck, these are just gorgeous! I love them all, but the beach shot just thrills me. LOVE!

Looking forward to seeing what you shoot in 2011.

the meaklims said...

WOW. I am inspired again and again by your photography.

Happy New year!
Jill

3 Peanuts said...

Each and ever one s absolutely GORGEOUS! I kind of gave up on my photography this year (for a few reasons) and I look at these and feel inspired to try harder. I have so much to learn. REALLY, you have a gift.

Happy New Year!

Kayce said...

Happy New Year!! I love each of these but I think my favorite is Will with his Batman shirt...he looks like he's trying so hard to be a superhero yet you can just see his sweetness coming through. :)

a Tonggu Momma said...

I remember many of these from the times you originally posted them, which tells you how memorable they are, if a scatterbrain like me can recall them. They are all so gorgeous! But I have to confess I love the fall shot the best. Breath-taking!

Casey said...

How can you pick just 12?? Your photography has been more than inspiring this year. Absolutley stunning... all of it!!

Looks like you all had a very Merry Christmas!! Happy New Year to you!!

Jboo said...

Oh my -- i Loved all of these photos! So beautiful! You are one talented Momma and those two are sweet and adorable kiddos! Happy New Year to you and your familY!

Janet

Sharon said...

Every single one is perfect. Amazing!

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs