Thursday, July 28, 2011

30/52 - treasure hunt

Raggedy Ann

 Like her mommy,
Grace has a fondness for things previously owned, that are maybe a little worn and loved
by someone else.
On Sunday we traveled to the Sandwich, Illinois Antique Fair.
I have some great memories of that place because it's where
we found a beautiful old dresser, a large basket for toys,
and a quilt for Grace's baby room before we traveled to China to adopt her
almost 8 years ago.

Sandwich storyboard
This time we found some more treasures.
For Grace a Raggedy Ann doll and a vintage doll trunk from around 1950.
I found a red step stool and an old 'peely' painted wicker table,
which were just up my alley!!

It was a fun mom/daughter day and made for some wonderful memories for us.
I love to see what's considered 'vintage.'
Definitely some things from the 1950's to 70's but I think for it to be truly considered an antique
an item has to be at at least a 100 years old.

Sandwich

I'll be taking a break from blogging (we have a vacation coming up), but will be back soon...
hope y'all are having a great Summer!

6 kind words:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

beautiful shots. the colours are amazing.

enjoy your vacay!

lea
xo

Love Letters To China said...

Love all of your new found treasures! And you know how I just adore all the pictures you took while you were walking around.

Hope you have a FABULOUS vacation! Can't wait to hear all about it....and see pictures of course.

xoxo

p.s. Enjoy your day Saturday...wishing you many, many more!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Lovely finds and SO hoping you all have a wonderful vacation!!!
XOXO

Sharon said...

Oh goodness I just LOVE this post. I adore it. I {heart} it. Have a great vacation!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

OH FUN!! What a great way to spend your day with Grace. I love all of your beautiful treasures:)

Have a wonderful weekend, a Happy Birthday, and a great vacation!

xoxo,

Lisa

likeschocolate said...

I would have bought that bike!

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs