Sunday, December 15, 2013

Getting into the Christmas Spirit (Sunday Snapshot)

Spirit WM-2
 
 
 “Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!” 

~ Dr. Suess, How the Grinch Stole Christmas



Xmas Spirit


 
I've often wondered, what is the Christmas spirit?
What does that mean?
It seems like people are happier, kinder
and more giving.
It's a shame that it goes away after Christmas is over.
Maybe we can all try to keep Christmas in our hearts
all year round.
 
 
Spirit WM
 
 
These were all taken this week...
the bits and pieces that I saw of Christmas around me.
Vintage tree decorations that come from my mother in law's family,
Will's school Christmas program, Grace performing at a benefit for a local
charity that helps families, and the lights at a nearby tree lot.
I see Christmas in all the details.
I leave shortly to photograph the live Nativity at our church tonight.
I hope you see Christmas around you.
 
 
 
 




Ni Hao Yall

7 kind words:

Unknown said...

It looks like you had the most wonderful week. There was a little bit of everything in it! Togetherness, decorating, fun : ).

I wish you lived in PA so I could meet your babies. I heard your weather was insane this week! I hope you are all thawed out.

Love, love, LOVE, Becky

Courtney said...

I love soaking in all things Christmas. I love to sit by the light of the tree and look at all the ornaments. Have a great evening.

likeschocolate said...

I am with you! It is too bad the spirit seems to go away when Christmas ends!

Carrie K. said...

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." - Charles Dickens

What lovely images of this special time of year. Love the vintage ornaments. And your kids are gorgeous. That bottom right photo of Grace by the tree is to die for! She could be a model.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Simply lovely!

lea
xo

...melody... said...

Very festive!

Gina Kleinworth said...

This is beautiful Gail- I think you captured some perfect moments that embody the season.

I'm so sorry I have not sent out my cards this year. Please know you are in my thoughts & I wish you the very best Christmas. You deserve all the blessings the Lord can provide. Love & hugs!!!

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs